Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Treats

Since we always enjoy having Thanksgiving at our house every year I made these little pillow boxes filled with chocolates for each place setting. Every year I try to have the dinner table look pretty with a freshly pressed table cloth, a real fall flower arrangement, candles and good silver and glasses. I love the smell of the turkey cooking on Thanksgiving and having a big dinner with family, there's nothing like it!


For these little pillow boxes I used really rust card stock and after cutting out the boxes with my Big Shot I stamped them with the Weathered back ground stamp. Then used the Happy Thanks giving stamp from the retired stamp set All Year Cheer III (hang onto those retired word sets) and stamped it in Chocolate Chip. The acorn from the stamp set Autumn Fest was stamped in Creamy Carmel then I used a Chocolate Chip marker to color the top before stamping it on Naturals Ivory paper. I used two circle punches and the wide oval punch to mat the acorn and punched two holes on each end of the wide oval to feed the ribbon through. You really don't need to tape both ends of this box if you tie it up with ribbon horizontally like I did.
Now I'm totally in the mood for some turkey dinner!

14 comments:

Danni said...

Cute!! I am going to have to get some of these fun big shot dies!

Tina said...

Wow, Lynn, these boxes are incredibly cute. The colors are so fall and perfect for the occasion.

Jeni said...

Those are adorable!! I'm coming to YOUR house for dinner!

Dani said...

So cute! Great idea for a little treat for your guests. I think I might need that die! LOL! :)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh Lynn! These are fabulous!!! So CUTE! Thanks for participating in the Belli Challenge - even if it was in a unconventional way! ;) Thanks for stopping by my Blog too!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

What a fabulous hostess you are on Thanksgiving!! Fresh flowers, real table linens, treats for everyone? Move over Martha Stewart!! ;) Love your pillow boxes - perfect for fall!

Kim said...

These are sooooo cute! I was hoping to get the Big Shot from Santa :) But now I have to push hubby to tell me if I can get this for my b-day next week so I can make these for Thanksgiving!!! They are darling!

Kim said...

These are so cute! I wish I could come to your Thanksgiving just to get a sweet treat! :)
Hugs~ Kim

Diane said...

These are so nice! I ordered this die on Monday, or so I thought, I put one thing in twice and left this one off, ugh, and my SU order will be here next Tuesday without my die, so I am "drooling" over these cute little boxes of yours until I can re-order and make my own! I like how you decorated them!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh these are totally cute Lynn!!! Can't wait to get my die next week!!

Katie Cotton said...

trying to sell me on the big shot, huh? its working! those pillow boxes are too cute!

Laurie Zoellmer said...

Love these! Great use of the oval punch too! TFS~

Anita said...

What A Beautiful gift for your guests.

Deb Wood said...

How cute and fun!! Do you know if the new Stampin Up things like this box work with the Big Kick? I can't really get a Big Shot right now, but I'd love to buy some of these!!