Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Friend

 Hello!  Sorry I've been missing in action around here, things have been crazy.  Today I have a card that I created a week or so ago for a dear friend of mine, I used the Papertrey Ink stamp set Bitty Bouquets and a bunch of bright colors to create what was hopefully a cheerful thank you card.
I started out with a pure poppy card base then added a layer of summer sun.  I stamped my friend sentiment over to the upper right side of my white card stock and then masked it off with a strip of scrap paper.  Then I randomly stamped each of the flower and stems in different colors.  I used limeade ice and simply chartreuse for the stems and pure poppy, royal velvet, daffodil delight, lavender lace and only orange for the flowers.
One of the reasons I've been so busy is that our daughter graduated from high school this last Friday.  We are so proud of her!  She is such a great kid with a kind and loving heart and we are blessed to have her as our daughter.
 The picture below, on the left is her on her first day of kindergarden and the right graduation day.  As a scrapbooking mom I've taken pictures of each of my kids leaving the door on their first day of school for each year.
This picture is of all three of my kids.  Our oldest son is 20, our daughter 17 and our youngest 8.  They grow up fast, it seems like only yesterday they were all babies.
That's it for me, thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

2 comments:

Joan V said...

Beautiful card. I really love that stamp set and need to put that on my wish list. Wow, lovely family. Congrats on the graduation. Enjoy the little and big moments in life. Thanks for sharing.

Kay Miller said...

I just adore this card! Love the scattering of flowers!! Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! She sure is beautiful!